Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I FOUND him!

After nearly a month of waiting for a response from my last post, AL, our beloved politician turned scientist/movie producer/meteorologist/manbearpig hunter, has finally emerged from the depths. Of course, it's in the wake of what will go down as one of most tragic natural disasters ever. Sweet timing Al.
Me: What's been up Al?

Al: Only the temperature of the entire planet, including places where all the glaciers live and every ocean. Especially that one where all the glaciers live.

Me: Dude.

Al: I kept telling you people it'd get warm outside. All you selfish people and automobiles and spray paint are making it too darn hot.

Me: It's spring Al.

Al: grumble grumble grumble

Me: Seriously Al, why did you have to come out and talk about global warming right now? It makes you look even worse because now everyone thinks that you're using an awful tragedy for your personal political gain. Plus, we all still think your certifiably insane. Do you have a response? 

Al: Honestly, would you rather have me or Obama?

Me: I don't know.

**note** I don't want to poke fun at what happened in Myanmar, just Al. I can't properly put into words how horrifying and devastating that must be for those people. I find it outrageous that Al publicly blames the deaths of potentially over 100,000 people on global warming, which he of course blames on us, which indirectly makes us responsible for the cyclone. I'm sure that's what the people of Myanmar need right now. Maybe global warming is really as big of a problem as he thinks, maybe it's not. But, since I know that manbearpig isn't as big of a problem as he thinks, I'm not sold yet on global warming.

"It's half man, half bearpig."
"It could be bear, half pigman."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said on all accounts. Especially that one where all the glaciers live.